Spring Balance Sliding Sash windows
Spring balance sliding sash windows are a modern alternative to pulley-operated sash windows. We use a spring mechanism that operates in place of the traditional weights and pulleys. Our skilled joiners build bespoke spring balance windows in an elegant traditional style, to blend perfectly with your home or premises. All our sliding sash windows can be manufactured from solid or engineered timber, in a range of softwoods and hardwoods including European oak. They're built to last and fitted with brass fitch lifts. 20mm glazing bars are integrated into the double-glazing to complete the traditional appearance, and decorative horns add complete the authentic look.
For a sliding sash window that meets modern standards of insulation and environmental regulation, we use low-emissivity glass and a combination of compression and brush seals for draught-proofing. Trickle vents are fitted as standard.
Our spring balance sliding sash windows are fully built and primed in our workshop for minimum disruption when they're installed. We offer a choice of Ovolo or Lamb's Tongue internal molding and can accommodate other styles as an additional option.
Customise your spring balance sliding sash window:
- Alternative internal moldings
- Bespoke shapes to individual specification, with arched or angled heads
- Traditional-look curved plant-on glazing bars
- Alternative furniture finishes, including chrome and satin chrome (brass fitch used as standard)
- Enhanced security options
- Sliding sash windows be adapted for restricted opening
- Safety glass
- Enhanced thermal efficiency double-glazing available
- Coloured, patterned and/or leaded glass
- Factory finished high-performance coating system in opaque colours or Ultra Clear
Contact us to discuss your requirements. We'll happily visit sites throughout Yorkshire, Cumbria, the Lake District and other areas to assess your needs and offer advice on window design and appropriate materials.