High-performance stormproof casement windows
Probably the most widely used window design since the 1950s, stormproof windows are resilient, watertight and draught-proof. In windows of this style, the casement slightly overlaps when closed to ensure a completely watertight fit. Our skilled joiners manufacture bespoke, double-glazed stormproof windows to individual specification. We offer a range of solid or engineered timber, with a choice of softwoods and hardwoods including European oak. All windows are supplied ready primed, with a range of finishes and features available as additional options.
20mm plant-on glazing bars are fitted externally and internally, with an integral spacer bar to fit between the double-glazing. Our stormproof casement windows are fitted with either traditional Ovolo or Lamb's Tongue internal molding as standard, although additional options are available.
All our stormproof windows are skillfully manufactured by our own joiners, with durable mortise & tenon construction, compression seals for draught-proofing and stormproof hinges. We use low-emissivity glass, double-glazed to meet current building regulations. Brass-effect locking night vents and trickle vents are fitted as standard.
Contact us to discuss your requirements. We'll happily visit sites throughout Yorkshire, Cumbria, the Lake District and other areas to assess your needs and offer advice on stormproof window design and materials.
Customise your stormproof casement window:
- Alternative internal moldings
- Friction hinges for smoother opening and closing
- Bespoke shapes with arched or angled heads
- Traditional-look curved plant-on glazing bars
- Alternative furniture finishes, including chrome and satin chrome (black iron used as standard)
- Fire escape function
- Enhanced security options
- Can be adapted for restricted opening
- Safety glass
- Enhanced thermal efficiency double-glazing available
- Coloured, patterned and/or leaded glass
- Factory finished high-performance coating system in opaque colours or Ultra Clear